Let's Vote for a Better Indonesia

 Fear 

Pouring by fear recently. The series of radical action done by radical Muslim group going to happen more and more. The people views of jogja have strongly deteriorated, simply because the home town where I raised, and born, somehow gradually less secure.

Jogja as I know the city of which can serve a model of Indonesia national Moto Bhineka Tunggal Ika ( Unity in Diversity), because in fact real Yogyakartan can accept from outside the cultural difference bought by settlers.

As Yogyakartan, I mostly know what Yogyakarta principle is. It’s all indeed based on the philosophy Hamemayu Hayuning Bawono ( maintaining good relations with human being, fellow creature, the universe and with the almighty) and Hamengku Hamengkoni (Throne for people and welfare) which is rooted in the philosophy that foster a sense of divinity and build a sense of humanity rather than the religious sense, and a Sultan Yogyakarta as a symbol of cultural leader to protect both their own community as well as newcomer.
Now Yogyakarta tarnished by the violent which acted against religious inclusion. The group has forced the closure of churches and even was allegedly at the center of brutal mob attack on a Christian community in Sleman Yogyakarta. Many people injured physically and psychologically. The blood flew swiftly, the tears, and scars left a bad foot print in our heart.

Been there done that and hate that, vividly remember how the hard line  of Muslim group attacked brutally the book discussion of Irshad Manji. They hit, kicked, punched, and launched the stones towards us and yelled out Allahhuakbar at the same time. I don’t want to demeaning one of religion , because my family do not educate me to hate religion or hate others based on narrow and conservative sense.  I deplore those actions and turns out tarnished the name of Islam and so do the harmony of Yogyakarta.

Now I feel lost  my trust to my king, during this couple years the harmony remains silenced right away. I know my king already pledge signing statement but once again signing statements are the king opinion’s what the law should mean. My heart shuttered down in to pieces.

Why those  hard line Muslim group exist?

Why my leader can not act more than the words do?

Why my country doesn't look even better in this era?

Why politic in my country consist of the greediest people on earth?

My king can not do anything about it, and now I’m one of the 250 million people in Indonesia exhaling the vows to the most wiser than us, “please send  the Satrio Piningit ( Hidden Knight) among us..”

Hope, Right, and Our Future

Meanwhile exhaling the vows, this is talking about the deep thoughts . Hope is not more than “ I wish this to happen or “I wish this would happen”. But this is talking about how the millions life goes. I don’t want the crime and violence overshadowing our government. As I mentioned at the beginning I don’t want more bloods falling, kidnaps, violence,  and corruption. We are all exhausted with those political malpractices, hence this latest presidential election become the game that I should involve.  I need to take a stake in superior level by using my voice, it might be big challenge to grant the victory, but I put my whole life and hopes on it.  

Recent presidential election is our turning point to emerge the big changes in Indonesia history, people has been waiting and thinking nights and days. People now aware about politics, social media flooded by the negative and positive campaign, un-neutral media which mean an official newspaper, magazine, TV channel that implicitly submit the political interest  by vividly breaking the news values it selves.

The irresponsible Bounce back smear statements were adorned in social media, and somehow totally screw up and tarnished the true source of truth, and the worst is fiddled with people emotion. Friendship goes out with a difference of opinion.

Different of opinion should be used as opposed to thinking, instead of clashing emotions.  These kind of mentality deserve to be banished, then we need to elect a leader who can negate this legacy from Soeharto regime, where violence is a solution.

Now it's time to revive the legacy of reformers who gave their life to fight for our rights as citizens for the sake of a better life. Make this time as a good deal and maximize our rights to build change. Change will not happen if you keep quiet. Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future. Sonmi-451Cloud Atlas. So please focus on what you choose, tracing back all the candidates histories, compare, and verify it, make sure that he was known for his righteousness, prosperous rule and detached from criminal record . The future is depends on what  you do today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEPPANYAKI

Magic Gate

One fine day in spring