Magic Gate








Marriage will always be special, and when that happens they must remember that the essence of marriage is that it is a covenant, a commitment, a promise of future love, no matter if you’re gay or mixed race couple; when you are drawn together, ultimately it doesn’t matter what everybody thinks because it’s so honest, true, and sincere. How can that be wrong?

Patrick and Anuwat, finally their dream got granted. They have committed to engage their life forever..The ceremony took place at the city hall in Antwerp Belgium. I saw where exactly the rings were put on and signed the married agreement. Honestly I do not know them well, but my fiancé is a friend of Anuwat, by the way it really touched me indeed. My heart fell in to the space where I couldn’t trace the dream and real life. It was such the dream but remaining true!

That was the thing I have been dreaming on. The scene that I am craving for, walking my own path and choose someone I desire to be with.  Now I really thanks to the God that gave me such a magic gate, the gate of every gay’s dream in my country. It’s not rest in peace but it’s live in peace :p  that’s how I  imagined and desire to live in: the life without prejudice and discrimination. 

Belgium became the second country in the world to legalize same-sex marriage on June 2003, after the Netherland. ‘Statutory cohabitation’, open to any two cohabitating persons, is also possible since 1 January 2000. Since then in two years earlier Belgian government reported 2,442 same sex marriages had taken place in the country. Even Mayor of Liege city, Willy Demeyer officiates the wedding of gay couple.


Patrick and Anuwat presented a different manner of wedding ceremony; it was simple but touching, how? They made the video of themselves by showing their feeling through Q and A session, so both testify their wishes, and thoughts. One more thing, they also gave us the superstitious “saying” by describing our life through the number that was given to us. So we got number 5 which says:

You are honest and fair, despite the vehemence with which life is lived. You can retain this. You are very restless and cannot be in one place long without getting nervous. You’re always afraid  you’ve missed the boat or the grass is greener on the other side. It is hard to keep you. Because you’re on the road again in your head to the next destination your concentration.


It surprised me, because it was true. That day wasn’t only about attending a wedding event but, that day gave a lesson learned. The lesson is to enjoy life and stay focus to the coming destination.
Thank you Patrick and Anuwat, you both already made the nicest picture ever in my life and you both are the one of the living proof of diversity. For me instead of witnessing their marriage I feel blessed to be here and be able to enjoy and explore my identity freely. Once again wish all the wishes are truly granted and have a long last family happily ever after. Love, Noki.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEPPANYAKI

Slow cook duck breast for X'mas / Magret de canard pour Noël